This c. 1941 photograph shows Koopman's Florist at the five corners end of the Kew Corners Apartment Building. Click on image to enlarge.
Al Linsky lived in Kew Gardens from 1938 to 1963 and attended P.S. 99 from 1944 to 1953. He is now retired, splitting his time between Brentwood, CA and Woodmere, NY. His avocation is as a broker of antique vehicles to the motion picture and television industry.
School Yard photograph courtesy of Lenny Schneir
All other photograps courtesy of the Queens Borough Public Library Long Island Division, Illustrations Collection - Kew Gardens