This is a circa 1946 photograph of Man- hattan & Queens (Green Line) No. 203. A 1946 GM TD4506 (Ser. No. 737) in original dark green and grey livery heading south on Queens Boulevard (Q60) just passing the Q10 terminus at 80th Road in Kew Gardens. No. 203 was among Green Line's first 35 new buses delivered immediately after the war and eventually went to Jamaica Buses as No. 203.
[From the Queens Borough Public Library, Long Island Division, Kew Gardens Collection.]
A History of Rapid Transit on Lefferts Boulevard
Al Linsky lived in Kew Gardens from 1938 to 1963 and attended P.S. 99 from 1944 to 1953. He is now retired, splitting his time between Brentwood, CA and Woodmere, NY. His avocation is as a broker of antique vehicles to the motion picture and television industry.